Viacom CBS owns VH1, which stands for Video Hits One. It is a basic cable TV network. It is known for its franchises, including the Behind the Music series, Love & Hip Hop series, and Celebreality block. VH1 is currently being received by more than 90 million households in the US.
It is available on most popular satellite, cable, and IPTV networks.
To access VH1 on your streaming device, such as Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV, first download the app from the appropriate application store. Then activate the app using the activation code at www.vh1.com/activate.
The activation process is described below for more information.
Guide to Activate VH1 on vh1.com/activate
You can watch Love & Hip Hop Atlanta or Black Ink Crew New York on your streaming device by activating the VH1 app. This will allow you to access all of these programs, as well as exclusive content, cast reactions and deleted scenes.
These are the steps to activate VH1 for your streaming device via vh1.com activate URL.
Tips for activating VH1 on Roku Device
- Scroll down to the Streaming Channels section of your Roku home screen.
- Select the Search option under the section Streaming Channels.
- Type “VH1” in the search box using the virtual keyboard.
- Select the VH1 app from the search results and click the Add channel button to download it.
- To open the app, tap Go to Channel after it has been installed.
- Navigate to the Settings section, and choose your TV Service Provider from the app.
- A registration code and activation instructions will be displayed.
- Open vh1.com/activate in a web browser
- Enter the Activation Code, and then click CONTINUE.
- Then, sign in using your TV provider credentials.
- Roku devices now have access to VH1 programming.
Via vh1.com/activate, activate VH1 for Apple TV
You can access VH1 programming via your Apple TV streaming device. All you have to do to watch VH1 on Apple TV is to download the App Store app and activate it at www.vh1.com/activate with your TV provider login credentials.
Open the App Store on Apple TV.
You can search for VH1 in the App Store by browsing manually or by using the search option.
- Once you have found the VH1 app, click the Get button.
- Once the installation is complete, open the VH1 App by pressing the Open button.
- Select the Settings option from the VH1 App welcome screen.
- Select your TV service provider from the Settings section.
- An activation code will be sent to your Apple TV-connected TV.
- Visit vh1.com/activate from another device.
- Sign in to your TV provider by entering the activation code.
- You can now access the VH1 app on your Apple TV.
Steps to Stream VH1 on Android TV using a TV Provider
Android TV users can access VH1 programming using their login credentials from their TV provider. These are the steps.
- Start Google Play Store by turning on your Android TV.
- Look for VH1 in the Play Store.
- Once the app is located, click the Install button.
- After installation is complete, tap Open to launch VH1 on Android TV.
- To select your service provider, navigate to the Settings section from the launch screen.
- A unique code will be displayed on your TV screen to link with the TV provider.
- Visit vh1.com/activate to open the VH1 activation Page.
- Click CONTINUE to enter the code.
- Sign in using your login credentials to select your TV Service provider.
- You can now activate the VH1 app on your Android TV.
vh1.com activation on Amazon Fire TV
The activation of VH1 is the same as the streaming devices mentioned above. It’s the same process whether you want to access the VH1 app on your Fire TV stick, Fire TV editions or Fire TV. These are the steps that will guide you through the installation and activation process.
Select the Find option from the Fire TV’s home screen.
- In the Find section, search for VH1
- Select the VH1 app from the search results and click the Get button.
- Once the app is added, click Open to launch it.
- Next, go to the Settings section and choose your TV Service Provider.
- An activation link and a unique code will be displayed on your screen.
- Now, open vh1.com/activate on your phone/pc browser.
- Tap the CONTINUE button to continue.
- To verify your subscription, sign in to your account with TV provider.
- Sign in and return to Fire TV screen to start watching your VH1 favorites.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I can’t sign in?
To unlock the content and live TV programming, you must have the VH1 channel included in your subscription package. If you don’t have the channel subscription or have a cellular/internet-only account, you won’t be able to sign in to VH1.
I cannot watch an episode of VH1’s app. What should I do?
- Updating the operating system on your device. You should ensure that you have at least 2GB of storage space. Reboot your internet connection and make sure it is working properly.
Reboot your device and uninstall the app. Then, install the app again to clear cache and make sure you have the most recent version.
Sign in again with cellular data if you previously signed in using a TV provider. After you have signed in, you will be able to connect to the WiFi.
Try playing the episode you couldn’t play.
Is the VH1 app capable of Closed Captioning
Yes, all episodes and clips in the VH1 App come with Closed Captioning. If you cannot get them working, you can report them at http://media.viacom.com/accessibility/.