This guide will help you activate your USAA debit or credit card. This guide will provide you with all the information needed to activate your USAA debit or credit card at usaa.com/activate. It also answers common questions about the USAA card as well as the associated services. So, let’s get started.
There are many ways to activate your USAA card
There are many ways to activate your USAA Card for the first time. Depending on which method you use to activate your USAA card, you might not need to log in to your USAA account. Before you decide to use one of the methods described below, ensure that you have registered for a USAA Account. Here are the steps to take if you haven’t.
Register for a USAA account
- Go to the USAA account sign-up page (https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_proof/proofingEvent?action=Init&event=registration) on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click on the Continue button to continue.
NOTE: You must be a USAA member to sign up for an account.
- Next, you’ll be asked to confirm your USAA membership by entering your USAA Number (or Social Security Number) on the screen.
- After you have completed the information required, click the Next button.
- Next, follow the prompts in different sections, including Online Access, Preferences and Verify.
- Your USAA account will be created after you have completed all the prompts.
Now that your USAA account is accessible, you can select from the following activation options.
1. Activate USAA Debit Card at usaa.com/activate
- Navigate to USAA activation Page (usaa.com/activate), using your mobile browser or desktop.
- Enter your Online ID into the field provided and click the Next button.
- Next, enter your password to sign in to USAA.
- After logging into your account, click on the “Activate Card” link.
- Please fill out the following screen with your card details: Card Number, Validity and Security Code, as well as personal information such your Name, Birth Date, SSN etc.
- Once you have provided the necessary information, follow the prompts on the screen to activate the account.
2. You can activate your USAA credit card via phone
To activate your USAA credit cards, call the USAA activation team at 800 411 4300. To activate your credit card quickly, just dial the number provided and follow the prompts.
3. Activating your USAA ATM/Debit card at an ATM
You can visit any USAA partner ATM in your area to activate your USAA ATM/Debit Card if you are unable to use the above methods. Simply use your Card PIN to activate your card at an ATM. Your ATM/debit card will be activated immediately.
4. Call to activate your USAA ATM/Debit card
You can also activate your USAA ATM/Debit Card by calling 800-315-4906. You can activate your USAA ATM/Debit card by calling 800-315-4906. To activate your USAA debit/ATM card, dial this number and follow the instructions.
5. USAA Card Activation using Mobile Application
The USAA mobile app is another quick and simple way to activate your USAA Card. These are the steps to follow in order to understand how it works.
- Start the USAA mobile application on your mobile device.
- If you are not already logged in, sign up for your USAA account.
- After signing in, click on the menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on ATM/Debit Card from the options under the menu icon.
- Next, choose the Activate Debit Card option. Tap the Activate button.
- The following message should be displayed on your mobile screen: Your card is now active
- These are the easiest ways to activate your USAA credit/debit card and get started using it.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
How can I retrieve my USAA online ID/password?
To retrieve your USAA Online ID or Password:
- You can access the USAA activation Page (usaa.com/activate), from your computer or phone.
- Select the “I need assistance logging on” option from the activation page.
- Register for Digital Access.
Are you eligible to join USAA?
USAA’s product and services are available to current and former military personnel and veterans, precommissioned officers, spouses, and children.
How do I join USAA
If you wish to join USAA and know about the process in detail, just visit this page https://www.usaa.com/join/get-started/?product=join-now. To find out if you are eligible for USAA membership, click the Get Started button. You will be granted membership to USAA if you are qualified.
This card is open to non-USAA members.
Unfortunately, No. A USAA membership is required to be approved for the USAA card.
Is USAA membership free?
Yes. You can open a USAA member account for free. You can register for USAA products or services once you have become a USAA Member.
Is there a set of eligibility criteria to become a USAA member
You can find the complete eligibility guidelines for becoming a USAA member here (https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/why_choose_usaa_main?wa_ref=pub_global_membership#).
How do I contact USAA customer service via phone?
For any assistance from USAA customer service, please call 800-531 USAA (8722), or 210-531 USAA (8722).
What is the average time it takes to receive your USAA card
You should receive your USAA ATM/Debit/Credit Card within 7-10 business days after it is mailed to you by USAA. If you live overseas, however, delivery can take up to 21 business days.
What is the best way to track my card status
You can easily know the status of your card here (https://www.usaa.com/my/card-order-status/).
Is the USAA Mobile App available for iOS devices
Yes, USAA Mobile App is available for both Android and iOS devices.