Twitcher is the place to be if you love gaming. Twitcher boasts over 15 million users and more than 2 million broadcasters. Twitcher is currently the most popular live streaming platform for gamers on the Internet.
Twitch allows you to stream live video or just enjoy the experience of watching it. It is easier to download or save a video to view offline when your schedules are tight. No matter what the reason, Twitcher doesn’t require you to follow live streaming.
This is because you can both download your own videos and those made by other gamers using multiple ways. There are two main types: those that use in-built Twitch tools, and those that require an external tool.
The first category applies only to Video-On-Demand. However, the second category allows you to download any clip. We’ll now show you 6 ways to download Twitch videos to watch online.
To watch Twitch videos offline, download Twitch videos
#1. Via the built-in Twitch Downloader
If you have been using Twitch recently or are new to the platform, you should know that Twitch videos are saved after each stream. It makes the video available to viewers and streamers later. VODs typically expire after a certain period.
Notice: Twitch VOD expires after 14 days for streamers who have regular accounts. Twitch Partner accounts will be able to enjoy VODs for approximately 60 days. Twitch affiliates who have a Twitch Affiliate account are able to access their VODs for around 14-60 days.
These steps will help you download and store videos off-line. This will prevent you from getting frustrated when videos are deleted automatically from Twitch servers.
- Log in to your Twitch account to get started
- Navigate to the dropdown menu at the top right, beside your pic and profile name, and click on Settings
- Select the Channel and Videos option in the settings menu
- Scroll down to the Channel Settings and look for Automatically Archive My Broadcasts. This option allows all videos from your channel to be saved as video on demand (VODs).
- Go back to the menu and select Video Producer
- Select Past Broadcast from dropdown menu on the page to let the videos populate
- Once the video is available, click Download under thumbnails and you are done.
- You can then download videos from your channel. You can download videos from other streamers using any one of these methods.
#2. Via Twitch Leecher
Twitch Leecher is a third-party app that allows Twitch users to save Twitch videos for offline viewing. The app has a simple and intuitive interface that is easy to use.
These are the steps to download videos using Twitch Lecher
- Navigate to Twitch Leecher from your computer on Github
- Scroll down to assets and select the compatible installer. If you have a 32-bit computer, a x86 installer will work. A x64 installer will work if your 64-bit computer.
- Wait for the installer process to finish, then double-click to install the app.
- Next, click Search after the installation wizard.
- Select New Search from the bottom of your screen
- Open Twitch using the browser of your choosing. Now select the videos you want to watch. Click Videos when you’re on a Twitch streamer channel to do this.
- To download a VOD, right-click it and choose the copy link address. The option you have will depend on which browser you are using.
- Navigate to TwitchLecher, and then paste the URL in the Search field
- Click the Download button right next to the video that you wish to download
- Before clicking on Download, you can change the resolution of your video or select a preferred storage location.
- Twitch Leecher makes it easy to download the software, as it is regularly updated without any lag.
Similar Post: Chrome Extensions Best for Twitch TV
#3 Via 4K video download to download Twitch streams
You don’t want to download any third-party software, especially if your Mac is running it. Instead, you can use online video downloading sites that support Twitch.
4K Video Downloader allows you to download videos offline.
This software doesn’t just support Twitch Leecher. It supports Mac, Windows and Ubuntu.
- Let’s see how to use 4K Video Downloader to download videos.
- You can download the 4K VideoDownloader from this page. Double click to install it on your computer or pc.
- Start your browser and select any stream you wish to watch on Twitch.
- Copy the stream URL in the addressbar or right-click on any stream you wish to copy its link
- Start the 4K Video Downloader. Copy the URL into the search box at the top.
- The program analyzes the URL video.
- Once the URL has been analyzed, click the Download button.
If the video is too long, or you only want to download one part of it, just tap the Stop button at any time. You can view the video at any time after it has been downloaded to your hard drive.
#4 Via Video Downloader
Do you want to get high-quality Twitch videos faster? ClipDown is what you need. ClipDown can download 4K or 8K videos directly to your Mac or PC.
This software can convert videos into any format you prefer. There are several formats available, including MP3, MP4, MKV and WAV.
Let’s now download a Twitch video using the ClipDown Video Downloader.
Follow the instructions to install ClipDown on your Mac or PC.
- Open Twitch in your browser. Tap on the video that you want to download.
- Copy the URL of the video and then use ClipDown to copy it.
- Select the output quality you prefer and choose the drive or folder where you want the video to be saved.
- Click Download to save the video to your Mac or PC.
#5. Via UnTwitch
Did you know you can easily convert downloaded videos to MP3? UnTwitch allows you to do this. Another popular online Twitch video downloading tool, UnTwitch allows you to quickly download up to an hour-long clip or higher.
This tool has the best feature of all: you can adjust the start and end times before downloading.
- Let’s now download Twitch videos with UnTwitch
- Copy and paste the Twitch URL address you want to download into the input box.
- UnTwitch will verify the link and make it available for download in the next step.
- Select the video format you want, along with the start and end times.
- Download the Twitch video, save it to your device and stream it offline.
Notice: UnTwitch will automatically split longer videos (e.g., more than an hour) and allow you to continue downloading them.
Each download can contain a maximum of 302 segments. You can adjust the time count or segments, and drag the 1-hour range to suit your needs.
Also read: Activate Twitch TV On Roku
#6. Via clipNinja
Clip Ninja was created exclusively for Twitch clips. It features a simple interface and a clear manual. You can download unlimited videos quickly, easily, and for free. Popups and malware are not allowed in the software.
You only need a Twitch link to extract the video and then download it with ease. This software has a great feature: you can convert the video file into MP3 and then download the audio separately. A 30-second video, for example, will take approximately 5-10 seconds to convert to MP3.
Let’s now learn how to download Twitch videos using Clip Ninja
- Copy and paste the Twitch URL that you wish to download into the input box.
- Click on the submit button to send the link. The platform will then process it, making it available for download in the next step.
- Download the Twitch video, save it to your computer and you can watch your favorite content offline.
Your Twitch VODs shouldn’t be wasted
Online streaming has been extremely popular over the past decade. With the establishment of WSBN, a shout-casting station, live-streaming video games were possible for the first time in 2001. It wasn’t until the middle of the 2010s that it became popular, partly because of technological advancements and partly because of the advent of video game streaming platforms like Twitch.
Online video game streaming has been a completely new experience. The internet and digital technology have made it easier to play video games locally and internationally.
It’s long past the time when online streaming and multiplayer gaming required complicated setups. You can stream any game you like digitally today with multiple consoles and automatic features.
Twitch, the biggest live-streaming site on the Internet, is a great source for gaming videos. It’s easy to find different styles and approaches to games you are currently playing on Twitch because there are thousands of them.
Twitch allows you to not only play but also download videos.
You can access the clips of your favorite games offline by simply copying and pasting the URL of the video using any one of the software listed above.
You can download your favorite videos from Twitch on any platform, Mac or Windows, using any of these methods.If you found this article helpful, please share it with your network and give us your feedback.
It can be difficult to download Twitch videos. You might have some questions. Here are some frequently asked questions that we tried to answer:
Q. How can I download Twitch videos from other people?
Each gamer has their favorite gamers. This is to learn from or just admire the talents of some of the best Twitch gamers. These videos can be downloaded from Twitch, but you won’t find a way to download videos created by other users.
Installing software that allows Twitch videos to be downloaded can help you overcome this problem. You can also get inspiration from your favorite gamers.
Q. How can I download Twitch VODs to my iPhone?
It can be a bit more difficult to save Twitch videos on your smartphone. You can download VODs directly from Twitch.com on your computer. However, this requires a third-party application for your phone.
You can download VLC, a free media player for iPhone users. Follow the steps below to get it.
- Go to Twitch.com from your iPhone. Click the “aA” button in the upper-right corner.
- Choose “Desktop site”, from the drop-down menu.
- Click on your username at the upper-right corner and choose Video Producer.
- Navigate to your previous broadcasts to find the VOD that you want to download.
- Copy the Video link to open the VLC App.
- Click on the Network icon at the lower-right corner of your screen to go to “Downloads.”
- Copy the link and paste it into the address bar at top of screen. Finally, tap “Download”. Now you can watch Twitch videos directly on your iPhone.
Q. Can I upload and edit streams of other people?
This is the most difficult part of the discussion. However, we recommend asking the streamer for permission before downloading any content.
Also, you must ask permission to upload videos (perhaps if your are a Mod who wants to manage a YouTube channel). You must not download any content of another person without their consent.
Q. Are all Six software for downloading Twitch videos available free of charge?
All six of the best software for downloading Twitch videos is free. Each software has its own pros and cons, depending on what you need.