OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network), an American pay-TV channel, primarily broadcasts programs targeted African American audiences.
More than 88 million households with pay-TV in America now have access to the Oprah Winfrey Network. This staggering figure represents 79% of all households in America with TV.
You can stream all OWN’s entertainment and lifestyle programs. You will need a smartphone, Smart TV or streaming media player device to stream OWN’s entertainment and lifestyle programs.
You can stream full episodes anytime and anywhere with an OWN subscription from a participating TV provider. Download the Watch OWN app to your device. Then, visit the official activation page, i.e., https://start.watchown.tv/activate to stream unique content on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, iOS and Android devices, Chromecast, etc.
Activate OWN TV on Streaming Devices at https //start.watchown.tv/activate
Activate the Watch Own app to enjoy your OWN TV shows on your streaming devices.
You can also watch Oprah Prime, Greenleaf and Oprah’s Master Class.
All you have to do for activation is sign in with your TV provider credentials at start.watchown.tv/activate.
It’s easy for you? Let’s take a look at the steps below!
How to activate Watch OWN TV App Roku
Oprah Winfrey’s speeches have captivated you. Her genuine talk shows will amaze you. You can watch all of her talk shows, and complete episodes on your Roku by activating OWN TV. These are the steps:
- Go to the home screen on your Roku device.
- Scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option.
- Select the Search option under the Streaming Channels section to locate the “Watch OWN” app.
- Once the channel has been found, click the Add Channel button.
- To launch the channel, simply tap on the Go to Channel button after installation.
- An activation code will be displayed along with instructions.
- Now, open start.watchown.tv/activate on a second device (phone or PC).
- In the box provided, enter the activation code and click Link TV Provider.
- Next, log in using your TV Provider credentials.
- After logging in, follow these instructions to activate your account.
Watch OWN is now available on your Roku device.
Start.watchown.tv activates on Apple TV
Apple TV now offers the Oprah Winfrey Network TV App. These are the steps that you need to take to enjoy the content on your big TV screen.
- Access the App Store from your Apple TV.
- To find Watch Own, use the search option.
- After you have found the app, click on it in the search results.
- Next, click the Get button and download the Own TV app for Apple TV.
- Once the app is installed, click Open to launch it.
- On your TV’s screen, you will see an activation code.
- Open a web browser on another device and visit https //start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code from the activation screen, and then press the LINK TV PROVIDER button.
- If prompted, select your TV provider and log in with your account credentials.
Now you should be able access the Watch OWN App on your Apple TV.
Activate on Fire TV using start.watchown.tv/activate
Follow these steps to activate OWN TV on your Fire TV by using the authorized activation code.
- Choose the Find option on the Fire TV home screen.
- Use the Search option to locate the Watch OWN TV App.
- To download and install the app, tap the Get button.
- Next, click Open to launch the app.
- A unique code will be displayed on your TV screen to link you TV provider.
- Now, access the Watch OWN activation link – start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code carefully and then press the Link Tv Provider button.
- Next, sign in with your TV provider credentials and follow the prompts on screen to complete the activation process.
That’s it! Now your Firestick device can stream OWN TV shows.
Steps to watch OWN TV on Android TV
Have an Android Smart TV? You don’t need to worry because your Android Smart TV is compatible with the Watch Own TV app. Follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Use the search option to locate the Watch OWN App.
- Click the “Install” button and select the app from the search results.
- After installation, launch the OWN TV App.
- To activate your TV, follow the prompts.
- Visit start.watchown.tv/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the activation code and sign in using your credentials for TV provider.
This will activate Watch OWN on your Android TV.
How to watch OWN TV while not paying a provider
If you subscribe to one of these streaming live-TV services, you can view your favorite episodes and talk shows without having to pay a cable provider.
YouTube TV: Stream all OWN originals and shows, without having to activate it through a paid-TV provider.
AT&T TV Now: If you are interested in your own content, make sure that your package includes Ultimate Extra or Choice.
Philo: Philo, another live-TV streaming service that offers OWN video content to its customers, is Philo.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
How do I sign in to Watch OWN?
Sign in to Watch OWN using the username and password of your TV provider.
OWN app activation code not working What should I do?
If the activation code is not working at start.watchown.tv/activate, check for the following:
– Activate the device within minutes of receiving the code. The code is time-sensitive.
– Return to your TV screen to view the updated code. You can also relaunch the app to get a new activation key.
– Verify your internet connection.
How much does OWN TV cost to subscribe?
OWN TV is available for free download. To view most of the content, however, you will need to subscribe to a TV provider.
How do I subscribe to OWN channel newsletters?
Open the official website www.Oprah.com in the upper corner and click the menu. Click the option to subscribe to newsletters, then enter your email address and click “Subscribe” to complete the process.