Activate Roku TV Player at the official link, Roku.com/link, and enter your code to activate your Roku devices.
Roku, a company owned by Roku, Inc., has been a major player in the video streaming market. It was introduced in 2008 and has had a significant impact on the way people watch TV. The network allows users to stream their favorite content, both free and paid, on TV. You can enjoy channels such as Disney, HBO, CBC, and others, but you also have access to Netflix and Hulu. YouTube and Amazon Prime Video
Have you just purchased a Roku streaming media player? Here you go! This page will show you how to activate your entertainment wonder with roku.com/link.
We will tell you what roku.com/link means. It is the official link to activate your Roku streaming device. To activate the device, configure or set it up, access the Roku code, and navigate to the activation page. This post will explain how to set up the Roku account and add an app with an activation code. It also contains top tips for fixing problems when your streaming device isn’t working.
Activate the Roku TV Player Stick using roku.com/link.
Before you start the setup process, make sure you know which Roku streaming device you have. Both devices require a TV that has at least one HDMI port. Let us now walk you through activation.
Step 1: To use the Roku player, plug the HDMI cable into its port at the back. The HDMI port on your TV can be plugged in at the other end. The Roku Stick can be plugged into the HDMI port on your TV.
Step 2: Next, connect the Roku device to a power source. Select the HDMI slot where the streaming device was plugged into your TV. The Roku setup screen will now appear.
Step 3: Select a language from the Roku setup screen, and then press the OK button on the remote.
Step 4: Now connect your Roku device to a network. Choose either wireless or wired (the Roku stick only uses Wi-Fi, but the Roku player box, TV, and TV both use Wi-Fi and Ethernet).
Please note: Roku devices (sticks, boxes, or TVs) will not work unless they are connected to the internet.
Step 5: If your Roku player has an Ethernet cable, you can choose the wired option. Skip Step 6 if you select the wired option.
Step 6: Select the wireless option and click “Set up a new wireless connection”. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your WiFi password via the Roku remote. Finally, click Connect. Scroll down to select “Scan again” to view all networks.
Step 7: Follow the prompts on the screen to update your software.
Step 8: Next, confirm the display options.
- The Roku Player will automatically configure the best HDTV display settings.
- Select “Roku streaming stick” and follow the prompts to complete the setup.
- Select the “Auto-detect type” option for Roku Streaming Stick+ and follow the prompts.
Step 9: Select “Check remote settings” to activate your Roku account. If you want to use the Roku remote to control volume, power, and other features, then this is the step to take. To activate and link your Roku account, choose “Skip”.
Step10 To activate your Roku, you will need to create a Roku account and link your Roku with that account. You can link your Roku account with the device if you already have one. These are the steps you need to follow to link your Roku account and your Roku device via roku.com/link.
Notification: A new Roku account can be created at no cost. Roku charges nothing for activation. To avoid fraudulent websites, make sure to enter roku.com/link into your web browser.
- After you have completed step 9, a five- to seven-character activation code appears on your screen.
- To link your Roku TV or streaming player to your Roku account, visit the official Roku activation page at roku.com/link.
- Your Roku device can now access more than 100,000 TV shows once it is connected. Roku devices will have access to all the purchased and free channels in your Roku account.
Please note: After you have completed all steps on roku.com/link, your Roku device won’t be activated.
Step 11 Once you have entered the activation code successfully, log in to your Roku account. Click sign up if you already have Roku accountse successfully, log in to your Roku account. Click “sign up” if you already have Roku accounts. Follow the instructions on screen to create a Roku account. These instructions will help you create a new Roku account.
How do I create a new Roku account?
- Enter your first and last names, email addresses, and password in the Sign-Up field.
- Next, click the checkbox next to the following options:
- I am at least 18 years old.
- Send me product tips, the latest releases, hot channels, and exclusive discounts for customers. I can always opt out later.
- Select the box next to “I’m a human” and click “Continue”.
- After clicking on the Continue link, you’ll be taken to the next screen. Here, you’ll be asked to select your PIN.
Notice: By having a pin set up for your Roku account, you can control when channels are added and when they can be purchased with your Roku device.
- To select your
Preferences for PIN
The following options will appear on your screen:
- To make purchases or add items to the Channel Store, you will need a PIN.
- To make purchases, you must always have a PIN.
- To make any purchase or to add an item to the Channel Store, a PIN is not necessary.
- After choosing the option you want from the list, click the “Continue” button.
Notice: When you choose one of these options, you’ll be asked to enter your desired PIN into the fields. Click on “Continue to enter the pin.
- You will be taken to your Roku account by clicking on the Continue link. To access your Roku account, you can use the Roku login credentials whenever necessary.
Notice: To link your Roku device with your Roku account, click on the +Link device icon in your Roku account.
How to activate Roku using Roku.com/link Activate a channel app on Roku.
You can use an App Store smartphone application to play games, stream videos, and access other services. Your Roku streaming device also accesses the Roku Channel Store to add channels to your account. Some channels in the Channel Store are available only to subscribers, while others require a one-time fee.
However, you can also download free apps. To view your favorite content, you can access the Roku Channel Shop directly from your Roku. You can add any channel you wish to your Roku channel list, but there will be an activation process. Here is the procedure to activate a channel:
Adding channels using your Roku device
- First, press the button on your Roku remote (the home icon). This will take you to your Roku account’s home screen.
- To get to the Channel Shop, scroll down from the home screen of Roku.
- The channel store will display the list feature and the most popular categories. You can search for a channel using the Search Channels feature. The search option will allow you to search based on the channel’s title.
NOTE: To browse channels or lists, you’ll need to press the Forward scan button or the Reverse search buttons on your Roku remote. This will allow you to navigate one page at a time.
- To learn more about a channel’s content, press the OK button on your Roku remote. You can view screenshots and get a summary and rating of the channel and its shows.
- You can choose the Add Channel” option to install the channel.
- If access to the channel is “payable”, you will need the purchase money to purchase and install the chosen channel.
- If you have a Roku account PIN, you will be asked to enter it in the field prompted to purchase the channel. After you have entered your PIN, follow the prompts on screen to add the channel to your account.
Notice: If your payment information is incorrect, you will need to correct it before purchasing the channel.
To install a channel
You can add a channel to Roku’s device by clicking on the link. Scroll down to the bottom to find the channel in your account. You can also move the channel up or down in the list.
To install themes and screensavers
If you’re looking to install a theme or screensaver, it will automatically be added to your Roku account’s list of themes and screensavers. This section can be found under Settings>Themes or Settings>Screensaver. It will most likely not be listed in the list under Home on your Roku account’s main screen.
Resolving the Internet Connectivity Problem
To stream videos from your Roku streaming player, you need a working internet connection. These are some solutions if your Roku streaming device is not connecting to the internet.
- You must ensure that the correct name is entered for your wireless network. Your wireless connection may be disrupted if you choose the wrong wireless network name.
- Make sure you enter the correct password when selecting the wireless network to connect your Roku device.
- Check that your internet is functioning properly. You can check this by opening a random website from your mobile browser or computer to verify that it is loading correctly. If websites don’t load as expected, you need to fix the problem with your internet.
- You can also restart your Roku device or router to fix the problem by refreshing your internet connection. To restart your Roku player, you will need to go to Settings>System>System restart.
- You must ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet at a central location.
- When streaming content via Roku, avoid downloading and uploading. To stream uninterrupted content on your Roku player, you might consider increasing your internet speed if there are multiple internet users.
roku.com/link is not working during activation. What can you do?
There may be many reasons why the link does not work when you try to activate a channel with your Roku account. Here are some common solutions that may help you fix the problem:
- Check that your internet connection is functioning properly. Problems can arise when your internet connection stops working. You may have trouble accessing the link page from your mobile browser or computer. It is important to ensure that your internet network works properly before you attempt to activate a channel.
- Many web browsers store cookies and cache from the websites you visit in order to give you a better browsing experience and to learn about your web browsing habits. Sometimes, you may have trouble activating your preferred channel on roku.com/link if you have too many cookies or cache files stored in your browser. Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies is a good idea to prevent any problems with activating a channel on Roku.com/link.
- A broken or outdated web browser can cause problems, including the inability to access roku.com/link. It is a good idea to make sure that the browser you use to access roku.com/link works properly.
- You might consider restarting your Roku streaming device if you’ve been using it for a while before adding a channel to Roku.
- To activate your Roku, it is recommended that you enter the correct address into your web browser. The correct address to get to the Roku activation page is https://my.roku.com/link.
- Even if you have tried all the possible solutions, the problem may still be there. If this happens, wait a while before trying to activate the page. It is possible that Roku may be causing the problem, and you might not be able to access the page immediately.
These are the steps to follow to set up your Roku streaming device for the first time.