You may be a citizen of the United States and have heard of Department credit cards. These can be used in any Department store online or offline.
What are the benefits of these credit cards? These credit cards let you shop at department stores that you wouldn’t normally be able to with a regular card.
You may be eligible for free rewards or amenities when you use your credit card to purchase items online or in the department’s store.
Macy’s cards can be activated by visiting macys.com/activate. This will allow you to shop with Macy’s credit card instead of regular credit cards.
Instructions for activating Macy’s Card at macys.com/activate
Macy’s offers are only available to those who activate Macy’s Card. To activate your card, first activate it. Below is a list of steps. These are the instructions.
- Open a browser on your personal computer, tablet, or mobile device to activate your Macy’s card. Next, navigate to macys.com/activate.
- Once you reach the activation page, your personal information will be requested such as your Card number, Name on Your Cards, Security Code and the last 4 digits from the SSN for the Primary Cardholder.
- After you have completed the fields correctly, click the checkbox next the option that says Add this card to my Wallet…This will allow you to instantly add your Star Passes to check out online and in-store.
- Once you have completed the information above, click on Verify. Now, you’ll instantly be directed to the next screen.
- You’ll be asked to follow the instructions on screen to activate your Macy’s Credit Card. After you are done, you will be able to access Macy’s credit.
Follow these steps to activate your Macy’s Credit Card via macys.com/activate.
You might have to activate your card in exceptional circumstances.
For technical assistance from Macy, follow these instructions to troubleshoot the problem:
- From a browser of your choice, navigate to Macy’s home page at https://www.macys.com/.
- Scroll down from the homepage to the bottom. Locate the Customer Service option.
- After you have found the Customer Service option, click on Contact Us. This will take to you to the next screen.
- You will see a few options to help you with your particular concern or query.
- You may find it helpful to click on the See All button under Macy’s Credit Card when you are searching for help with your Macy’s Credit Card. You will find the answers to your questions through the various support options.
Macy’s Credit Card: What should you know about this card?
Macy’s department store stores are not the only ones that offer Macy’s credit cards. The Macy’s card offers a basic store loyalty card with great rewards and discounts.
With Macy’s credit cards, you can get credit you might not otherwise be eligible for. Get special offers and discounts, and save money on unlimited shopping.
Macy’s credit card: What does it do?
Citibank now allows you to apply online for the Macy’s Card.
You only need to correct your personal information, such as your name and contact details.
Macy’s credit card can only be used in-store or online if you are a regular customer of Macy’s.
You can use two Macy’s cards. The closed-loop Macy’s Card can only be used at Macy’s, while the open-loop American Express Card (also known as a reward card) can be used wherever American Express is accepted.
The annual fees for both cards are not included. The Macy’s Credit Card Basic offers benefits that will help you shop more often at Macy’s.
Macy’s credit card: Get your rewards and benefits
Macy’s credit cards have tiered reward rates. Rewards are linked to how much you spend at Macy’s.
- Silver: You receive a silver status when you first open a Macy’s card. This status earns you 2% off your Macy’s purchases. If you spend between $199 and $499 per year, you are a silver cardholder.
- Gold: Cardholders who spend between $500 and $1199 can earn a gold status. This gives them 3% back on Macy’s purchase.
- Platinum: The highest level earns 5% off your Macy’s purchase. You must spend at least $1,200 annually at Macy’s to earn Platinum status.
What’s the best thing about the Macy’s Credit Card, you ask?
This is the introductory reward, which offers a 20% discount (up to $100) on any purchase you make within one day of activating an account.
After your first account reward, benefits will be based on the level of your status.
As a Silver member, you are eligible to receive three “Star Passes”, which include (25% off per day) and a variety of exclusive offers.
Spend $500 to $1199.99 and you’ll get the Silver Level with exclusive offers such as three Star Passes, free shipping, and more
Spend $1,200 to unlock the best rewards. 12 Star Passes per year, 5% back, and all the other benefits mentioned above.
Are you curious if these benefits can be redeemed even if your Macy’s card is not in use?
Even if you don’t have a Macy’s card, you can still be a member of the loyalty program and earn 1% in rewards.
Are you familiar with your Security Code?
You should be aware that if you shop at Macy’s often, your Macy’s credit cards will grant you access to either a Macy’s store account or an American Express Card.
Please note that the location of your security code will depend on which credit card you have.
American Express cards come with a 4-digit security code. It is located on the front of the card, right above the account number and below Macy’s.
A three-digit security code is included with every Macy’s retail credit card. This code must be verified.
For assistance, contact customer service at (888) 257-66757 if you are unsure about the security codes.
Activation of Macy’s Card Phone Number
Macy’s customer support hotline is available Monday through Saturday from 9 AM to 9 PM, according to the Pacific and Eastern Time zones. Sundays, the hotline closes at 8pm.
For TDD/TTY assistance dial (800) 281-0820.
Do you reside outside of the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada? Are you confused about Macy’s activation process for Macy’s? Call (727)556-55758 to get help.
So, the best and the most convenient way to activate your Macy’s credit card is by visiting www.macys.com/activate.
Macy’s wishes you a happy shopping experience
You’ll automatically be eligible for free standard shipping if you shop at Macy’s using your Macy’s Credit Card. There is no minimum purchase required.
Most retailers sell both co-branded and proprietary cards. Macy’s appears to be competing for its card.
It offers the same rewards through its American Express partnership as it does for having no card.
You can get multiple benefits, regardless of whether Marcy’s credit cards are used regularly or not. The minimum reward level is just $1. What are you waiting to do? Activate Macy’s at www.macys.com/activate using the instructions above and enjoy exclusive perks, birthday offers, savings passes and much more.