Kanopy is a streaming video platform that allows you to stream on-demand. Kanopy is available to universalities and public libraries. It offers critically-acclaimed movies, award-winning foreign films, inspiring documentaries, and many more.
You can stream thousands of documentaries and movies for free. Register at your library or university to stream movies for free.
If you want to install Kanopy TV on compatible devices such as Roku, Apple TV or Android TV, this guide will help you. To watch thought-provoking documentaries, and other videos, sign up first with your library card.
This article will show you how to activate Kanopy TV online.
Guide to Activate the Kanopy App at www.kanopy.com/link
You must log in with your kanapy.com credentials to activate Kanopy for your streaming device. If you have already signed up, you can skip the activation step. Follow the steps below to register with Kanopy.
- Use a computer or mobile browser to visit kanopy.com/link
- Next, click the “Don’t have an account yet?” button. Get Started” option.
- FIND YOUR UNIVERSITY.
- Continue to sign up by entering the information you choose.
Your Kanopy account has been activated. Open the link URL to kanopy.com and enter the credentials to activate the device.
Notice: You can create an account on your TV directly, but you must activate it at Kanopy.com/tv with the activation code on your TV.
Kanopy TV activation on Amazon Fire TV
- Choose the Find option on the Fire TV’s home screen.
- Type Kanopy into the search box using the onscreen keyboard
- To install the app, select it from the list and click the Get button.
- To launch the app, simply tap the Open button after installation.
- An activation code will appear on your TV screen.
- Go to kanopy.com/link now and log in with your login details
- Click on Activate to enter the code.
- Follow the prompts on screen to complete activation.
- Kanopy is now connected to your Fire TV Stick.
Kanopy for Android TV via kanopy.com/link
Here’s how to download and activate Kanopy for Android TV
- From the Android TV’s home screen, move to the Apps > Google Play Store section.
- Find the Kanopy App in the Play Store, and click the Install button.
- Launch the Kanopy App on Android TV once you have installed it.
- Note the link code on the welcome screen.
- Now, open kanopy.com/link on your phone/pc browser.
- To sign in, enter your email address.
- Next, enter your activation code into the field that appears and then submit it.
Your Android TV can now cast Kanopy documentaries and movies.
How to activate Kanopy App for Apple TV
Apple TV is another popular way to share your favorite shows and movies with family and friends. You already know how to add new services to your Apple TV. These steps will help you activate Kanopy on Apple TV if you bought the device new.
- Start the App Store on Apple TV.
- Look for Kanopy in the App Store and then install it.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app by clicking the Open button.
- The activation code can be found on the welcome screen.
- Open Kanopy’s activation page (kanopy.com/link).
- Register for your Kanopy Account
- Next, enter your activation code into the fields provided and follow the prompts on screen.
- Kanopy is now available on your Apple TV.
Kanopy TV App activation on Roku
Follow the below steps to download and activate Kanopy on Roku. Let’s get started –
- From the home menu, go to Streaming channels > Search.
- Use the virtual keypad to type “Kanopy” in the search box.
- Next, choose the app from the search results. Then press the Add channel option.
- The app will start adding to your Roku devices.
- Once the app is installed, tap Go to channel to launch it.
- Copy the activation code from the app.
- You can also use another device to access the Kanopy activation Page – www.kanopy.com/link
- Sign in to Kanopy using your account credentials on the activation page.
- After logging in, enter the activation code. Follow the prompts on the screen to complete activation.
What browsers are available to access Kanopy content
You can also watch Kanopy content from your web browser, if you don’t have a TV-connected streaming device. These are compatible web browsers
Windows 8 and higher supported browsers:
- Firefox 47+
- Chrome 75+
- Edge 17+ (Windows 10 or Windows 11 only)
MacOS 10.11 and higher supported browsers
- Chrome 75+
- Safari 9+
- Firefox 47+
Chrome OS supported browsers:
- Chrome 75+
Most Frequently Asked Questions
When I try to add my library card, an error occurs. What should I do?
Double-check your library card number. If you have any questions, contact your library.
How do I change my password or email address?
- Register to Kanopy using a web browser.
- Once you have logged in, hover your mouse over the profile name to select the My Account option.
- – Next, click on the Edit option under My Information.
- Next, enter your new password or email address.
- – Next, tap on the Save option. That’s it.
How do I contact Kanopy Support?
Send a request to Kanopy Support here.