DISH Anywhere subscribers can access a vast library of hundreds to thousands of On Demand titles. The DISH Anywhere subscription is the perfect combination of convenience, comfort and entertainment, so you can enjoy the latest movies/shows at home or abroad.
The DISH Anywhere app allows you to manage your home DVR easily and access thousands of On Demand movies from top networks like Starz, Epix and Showtime.
Activate dish wherever you are
A simple sign-in process allows you to watch your favorite DISH Anywhere programs on any device, including your smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop. However, to stream DISH Anywhere on streaming devices like Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Android Smart TV, etc., you need to activate the DISH Anywhere app at dishanywhere.com/activate.
You want to learn step-by-step directions? You can find the complete guide below.
Guide to Activate DISH Anywhere at dishanywhere.com/activate
The process of activating the DISH Anywhere app for most devices is almost the same. First, install the app from the relevant application store, and activate it at dishanywhere.com/activate.
Refer to the instructions below for details on how to use a specific device.
Dishanywhere.com activates on Amazon Fire TV
Follow these steps to activate and stream live sports, breaking stories, or DVR collections using the DISH Anywhere app for Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to the Find section of your Fire TV.
- Use the Search option in the Find section to locate the DISH Anywhere App.
- Once you have located the app, tap the Get button.
- Wait for the app to be installed on your Fire TV.
- Next, click the Open option after installation to launch the app.
- A unique code will be displayed on your TV’s screen.
- Access dishanywhere.com/activate on a separate device.
- To log in, enter your DISH username password.
- After logging in, enter your code and click on the activate device button.
- Next, go back to Fire TV to access the DISH Anywhere App.
DISH Anywhere activation for Android TV
The DISH Anywhere app can be installed on Android TV to allow you to access recorded and live shows and movies at any time. Follow these instructions to install and activate the entertainment-loaded app for your Android TV.
- Access the Apps section from the Android TV’s home screen.
- Launch the Google Play Store App.
- Use the search option to find the DISH Anywhere App in the Play Store.
- After you have found the app, click the Install button.
- To launch the app, click Open after installation.
- Your TV will display a unique, one-time code.
- Don’t close this screen while you access dishanywhere.com/activate on another device.
- Sign in to the activation page using your DISH login credentials.
- Click on the activate button and enter the code.
After successful activation, you will be able to watch thousands of On Demand movies on Android TV.
Activate DISH Anywhere on Apple TV via dishanywhere.com/activate
Here are the steps to get the DISH Anywhere app for your Apple TV.
- Visit the App Store for your Apple TV.
- Search for DISH Anywhere in the App Store.
- Click the Get button to select the app from the search results.
- The app will start to install on your Apple TV.
- Select the Open button after installation is complete.
- On your TV screen, you will see a code as well as a dishanywhere.com activ link
- Open the activation URL in your phone/pc browser.
- Register using your Online ID or Password to log in on the activation page
- After signing in, enter the activation code. Click on the Activate Device button.
Then, you can return to your Apple TV-connected display and start watching your favorite DISH Anywhere content.
How to activate DISH Anywhere on Roku
Follow the steps below to activate and install the Dish Anywhere App on your Roku device.
- Scroll down on the Roku home screen to access the Streaming Channels option.
- Select the Search option in the Streaming Channels section to locate the DISH Anywhere app.
- Next, click the Add channel button. Dish Anywhere will be installed on Roku.
- To open the app, click the Go to Channel option after installing it.
- On your screen will be displayed a one-time registration code as well as activation instructions.
- Now, visit dishanywhere.com/activate to access the DISH Anywhere activation page.
- Enter your Dish Anywhere login details on the activation page and click the Log In button.
- Enter the activation code on your Roku TV, and then tap the activate device button.
DISH Anywhere is now connected to your Roku device.
Chromecast allows me to view DISH Anywhere.
First, connect your DISH Anywhere app and your big-screen TV with Google Chromecast. Then, follow these instructions – to cast videos from your DISH Anywhere App to your big-screen TV with Google Chromecast.
- Get the DISH Anywhere app for your tablet or phone.
- Sign in with Dish credentials to launch the app
- Next, choose the Cast option from the Dish Anywhere App.
- Choose your Chromecast device from the list.
- When the app is successfully linked, it should display the message “connected”.
- Play the video that you want to show on your TV.
- Chromecast allows you to enjoy the content that interests you on your large screen.
Note: To stop casting, click the Cast icon on any page of the app and then tap the “Stop casting” button.
Access DISH Anywhere from Mobile Devices (Android & iOS)
DISH Anywhere app can be downloaded for iOS and Android devices. Follow these steps to get DISH Anywhere app for your smartphone.
- Go to the app store for your mobile device.
- Play Store for Android
- App Store for iOS
- Next, you can use the search option for the DISH Anywhere App.
- The app can be downloaded and installed.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Sign in to the app using your DISH account credentials.
- Then you will be able access DISH Anywhere from your smartphone.
NOTE: If you are unable to sign in to your DISH Anywhere Account, please visit the DISH Anywhere website to verify the status. Contact the DISH support team if your subscription is still active but you are unable to access this channel.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create an Online ID?
By providing your DISH package email address, you can create an Online ID. First, go to the Online ID setup page https://my.dish.com/createOnlineId and enter your email address in the provided field. Click the Continue button to get an email with instructions. You can also provide your registered telephone number to create an OnlineID.
How much does DISH Subscription cost?
DISH offers many subscription options to customers. These include:
All-Time Favorites & Locals: 190 Channels starting at $69.9/Month
All Sports: 190+ Channels starting at $84.99/Month
Best Value: Get 240+ Channels for $94.99/Month
All Sports & Entertainment: 240+ Channels starting at $94.99/Month
All Sports, Entertainment, and Movies: 290+ channels starting at $104.99/Month
NOTE: All packages include a 2-year TV Price Guarantee.
What is the best way to access DISH Anywhere on Xbox One?
Unfortunately, No. Xbox One does not support the DISH Anywhere app. You can however sign in to select apps on Xbox with your DISH subscription.
Is DISH Anywhere available on PlayStation4?
DISH Anywhere is currently not available for PS4. You can, however, use your DISH Subscription for select apps on your PS4.