Green Dot is a leading provider of prepaid debit card in the United States. This American bank holding and financial technology company is the largest prepaid debit card provider in the world. It is well-known for its simplicity and convenience to customers.
If you have recently received your new Green Dot card, you will be required to activate it at greendot.com/activate before using it for any online or offline transaction. Green Dot offers a mobile app that allows you to activate and manage your prepaid card.
Here are the steps to activate your Green Dot Money prepaid card.
You need to activate the Green Dot Card
- Stable internet connection
- A computer or phone to access greendot.com/activate.
- Details about your Green Dot Card (card number, expiration date and CVV).
- Personal information (Social Security Number, or ITIN)
Complete Guide to Activate the Green Dot Card
Depending on your Green Dot card type you can choose one of the following options to register or activate your Green Dot Prepaid Card.
Activate a Green Dot Debit Card at greendot.com/activate
- Open a web browser on your pc/phone and visit the Green Dot card activation page – greendot.com/activate.
- Tap the Next button to enter your Green Dot 16-digit card number and expiration (MM/YY) in the field.
- You can provide additional information such as your name, address, phone number and date of birth.
- Next, follow the remaining instructions to activate the device.
- After activation, you can begin using your Green Dot Card.
Mobile App: Activate a Green Dot Debit Card
Follow these instructions to register your Green Dot Visa debit cards via iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Visit the App Store on your smartphone.
- Use the search option to find the Green Dot App.
- Choose the app from the search results.
- The app can be downloaded and installed on your mobile device.
- Launch the Green Dot app after installation.
- Tap Now, Have a new card in hand? to activate your card.
- Tap Next to enter your 16-digit card number, expiration (MM/YY) and CVV.
- Complete the registration process by providing your personal information.
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone number
- Social security number
- Pin Number
- Once you have entered all information, click Continue.
- Click Continue to verify your address
- Verify your phone number using a verification code that is sent to your phone. To activate your Green Dot Card, you must verify your phone number.
- After verification is successful, you will need to create your login details.
- You can now deposit money on your Green Dot card.
How do I activate a Green Dot Platinum Secured credit card?
Green Dot Platinum cards are prepaid credit cards that require you to make a deposit in order to secure your credit line. The amount of your credit line is determined by the amount you deposit. If you deposit $500, your credit line will be $500.
Here are the steps to activate your Green Dot Platinum Card.
- Visit the Green Dot Platinum Card activation page platinum.greendot.com/activate on a web browser.
- Please enter the following information:
- Account Number
- First, middle, and last names
- The last four digits are your social security number
- Card expiration date
- Number CVC/CVV
- Date of birth
- Zip Code
- Click the “Activate Card” button.
- Follow the instructions on the next screen to activate your Green Dot Platinum Card.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can I activate my Green Dot Card over the phone
For security reasons, you cannot register or activate your Green Dot Prepaid Card over the telephone.
Green Dot Platinum Credit Card: How can I improve credit scores?
Green Dot reports your card usage and payment report to all three major credit agencies. This allows you to build credit over time. To avoid negative credit scores, keep your card usage low. Make timely payments.
How do I report a lost/stolen credit card?
You can report a lost or stolen card by visiting this page about card replacement. The card will be blocked and a new one issued.
What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
You can access your account funds using the Green Dot mobile application. Follow the steps to create a time-sensitive barcode. Simply visit the Manage Card section of the Green Dot mobile app. This code can be used to get cash at Walmart. There is a $3 service fee.
How do I reset my Green Dot password?
Open the GreenDot Recovery page to reset your password. You can also click on Forgot login information on the Green Dot App sign-in screen. To reset your password, you will need to enter your Social Security Number, 16 digit card number and security code (CVV).
Where can I find my card number and expiry?
These details are on the card you wish to register. On the card’s front, you will find the 16-digit card number. The expiry date is listed below the card number. However, the CVV code can be found on the backside your Green Dot card.