Discover Financial is the owner of Discover Financial. It is a credit card service that is mostly available in the USA. When it was first launched, the credit card brand Discover didn’t charge an annual fee and offered customers a higher credit limit than normal. The Discover card also offers a unique cashback bonus on purchases made by cardholders.
If you recently received a Discover card, you will first need to activate it on the discover.com/activate page. You can use your card online or offline once it is activated. The following information will help you activate your Discover Card online.
Prerequisites for activating a Discover Card
- Date of birth for the primary cardholder
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (commonly called SSN)
- 16-digit card number
- Discover card expiration date
- Security code (3-Digit Sequence Identification)
Guide to Activate Discover Card at discover.com/activate
Discover Card provides a range of credit cards to its users. These include Cash Back and Student Cash Back, Secured, Business and NHL, Student Chrome, Gas & Restaurant Card, as well as Travel and Student Cash Back. Follow the below instructions to activate any of these cards if you have been issued one.
- Open a web browser from your smartphone or computer and go to www.discover.com
- Click on the Activate Credit Card button located in the upper-right corner.
- You can also click on the Help and Resources button located in the upper-right corner. This will open a drop-down menu. Select Card Help Center from this drop-down menu. Next, click on Activate My Card in the blue color menu.
- Alternatively, enter discover.com/activate in the address bar of your web browser and press the Enter key on your keyboard. This will take you to the Discover Card activation webpage.
- Select one of these options when activating your Discover Card
- Logging in is not required
- Log In
- You can choose to not log in if you want to enter your primary cardmember date of birth, last 4 Digits SSN, 16-Digit Number, Card Expiration Date, and 3-Digit SequenceID.
- After you have completed all required fields, click on Continue.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to activate your Discover Card.
- If you choose the login option, however, you will need the User ID, Password, and 3-Digit Sequence I in the fields provided, and then click Continue.
- Clicking the Continue button will log you in to your Discover Card account. Follow the prompts to activate your Discover Card.
How to create/register a Discover Card account
Follow these steps to register for a Discover Card account if you don’t already have one.
- Go to the Discover Card website using a web browser. (https://www.discover.com/)
- Click on the Register Account button located in the upper-right corner.
- Next, click on Register Now under Credit Cards.
- Next, enter the 16-digit card number, expiration date, birth date, and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN). Click CONTINUE. NOTE: Please enter details for the Primary Card Member.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete your account registration.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate Discover Card online using discover.com/activate.