The Apple Watch is a small, elegant gadget that allows you to delete apps easily.
Your watch can do much more than tell the time. However, there will be times when you wish that you could delete some apps from your watch. You can delete any unused apps that are slowing down your watch or making it unresponsive. You can also turn off automatic app installation to prevent new apps from being added to your Apple Watch.
You can delete apps from an Apple Watch’s Watch app, or watch’s screen from your iPhone. To maximize space for new updates, you can delete any apps that you don’t use from your Apple Watch. You can also disable app installation to prevent new apps being installed automatically on your Apple Watch.
What are the reasons to delete apps from your Apple Watch?
This blog will show you how to delete apps from an Apple Watch in order to free up space for new apps and updates.
There are many things we have to deal with every day. Our lives are more chaotic than ever thanks to technology. It is gone are the days of going out to enjoy nature and spending time with family and friends. It seems that we are always busy with school, work, and social media posts.
The technology has made our lives much easier in many ways. Sometimes technology can make it difficult to manage all the responsibilities that we have every day. This article will show you how to get rid of these responsibilities using your Apple Watch.
Guide to Delete Apps from Your Apple Watch
Apple Watch is a favorite Apple accessory and iPhone. Although the Apple Watch Series 7 is currently the most popular model, there are many models available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch SE. CNET has compiled a list with the top smartwatches. Your Watch could also be loaded with more than 20,000 apps.
If you still want to purchase an Apple Watch, we have all the information you need about the apps that make it worthwhile.
Here are all the details!
Apps can be deleted from Apple Watch using either the Watch app or the Watch’s app screen. This is how to delete an app:
To access the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom and select “Apps”, then “My apps”. This will display all the apps installed on your watch. Scroll down until the app that you wish to delete is visible. Tap on it once to choose it. To remove the app completely from your device, tap on the red-colored – icon. You’ll see the app disappear after a few seconds. However, you’ll still be able to access it later.
Learn how to delete apps from your Apple Watch using your iPhone
- Start the Watch app for your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the section “Installed on Apple Watch” in the main window.
- Select the app you wish to delete from your watch.
- To turn it off, swipe the button to your left from the app’s details pages. It will be immediately removed from your watch.
- NOTE: Any pre-installed Apple apps, such as Music and Apple Store, will be removed from your Apple Watch if you delete them. It is possible to reinstall the app at any time from the App Store.
Learn how to delete apps using your Apple Watch
Apps can be deleted directly from your watch face. However, the process may differ depending on how you set it up.
To access your apps, click on the Digital Crown.
- Scroll to the left if you have apps in list view. After that, click the trash icon.
- If your apps are in grid view, press and hold the app icon until it jiggles. To delete an app, locate it and tap the “X”.
How to stop app installation being automatically disabled
The watch app will be installed immediately after you have installed a new app that is compatible with the Apple Watch.
This is why your watch can get clogged up with apps and run out memory. This function can be disabled to stop new apps being automatically installed.
- Open the Watch app for your iPhone.
- Before you select “General”, make sure that you are on the “My Watch” tab.
- To turn off Automatic App Installation, swipe the button to your left.
We’re here to help you if you have deleted an app or started missing it. You can follow the steps below to learn how to download the app once again.
How do I get apps on my Apple Watch?
Although downloading apps to an Apple Watch is easy in practice, there are several options.
This is how you can use your smartwatch for downloading apps from the App store:
- Press the digital crown to access the Apple Watch’s home screen.
- Select App Store.
- Tap Search to browse the available apps.
- Click the app to read more (just as you would on an iPhone or Mac).
- Once you have found the app that you like, select Get.
- Double-click the digital crown of your Apple Watch to download the app and install it.
Apple Watch apps can be downloaded to your iPhone as well. This is how it works:
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Choose the My Watch option.
- You can add apps to the section Available Apps. Once you have found the app you like, click the icon to install it.
- Install the app
Can I delete pre-installed Apple Watch Apps?
Your Watch has many built-in apps, including Voice Memos and Contacts. You can delete them from your watch if you don’t need them. These native apps can be removed from your iPhone or Watch.
- Touch and hold the app to remove it.
- Click the X button to delete.
- Tap the home button to complete the deletion.
Here’s a quick summary:
You might have deleted some apps from your iPhone and iPhone Watch if it is running out of storage. What about your apps? You can delete them from your phone, and that will free up space for new apps and updates.
- Open the Apple Watch app for your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch in upper left corner.
- Scroll down until the app you wish to delete is found, then click Edit in the row. It looks like a circle that has a small x at its center.
- Tap Delete app on the card for this app. It looks like an x within another circle. You can now delete the app from your watch, but it will still be available on your phone.
That’s it for our post. We hope you enjoyed it!