California LifeLine Program (California LifeLine), a state program, offers discounted home and cell phone service to eligible households. California LifeLine discounts can help consumers reduce their phone bill. Except for participants in the Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program and teletypewriter users, only one discount is allowed per household. The discount must be chosen by each household on either a home or cell phone.
Renewal Form 2022
You can also Apply Online
Contact your cell phone company or home if you believe you are eligible for California LifeLine. Your home or cell phone company must be an authorized California LifeLine telephone service provider. The application process will start once you have informed the cell phone company or home that you are eligible. To find the approved cell phone and home companies in your area, click on ProviderSearch. For more information, please refer to the Application Instructions.
To find out which phone companies are available in your area, or if you don’t have a cell phone or home phone service, contact the California LifeLine Call Center. For questions regarding your application, status or due dates, please contact the hotline of California LifeLine Administrator.
Examples of forms
Adobe Acrobat is used to create the forms and instructions. To download the free Adobe Reader, click the Adobe image below.
Different types of discounts available
California LifeLine members may be eligible for discounted home phone services. These could include:
- Flat rate monthly service discount up to $16.23*
- Monthly discount up to $16.23 on cell phone service
- Service connection discount up to $39
- Home phone service conversion discount up to $39
- You don’t have to pay the public purpose surcharges, CPUC user fee, federal excise taxes, local franchise taxes or State 911 tax that are associated with your phone line.
- You can get two free telephone lines if your teletypewriter (TTY), or you are part of the Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program.You must have continuous and immediate access to a TTY if you use it. To receive the discount on your second home telephone line, if the Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program has not provided you with any other proof, a copy a medical certificate showing that you require a TTY must be submitted.