Wells Fargo is one of the Big Four Banks in the USA. It has over 8000 branches and 13000 ATMs. There are 70 million customers across 35 countries. The bank offers a variety of services, including Insurance, Banking, Financial, and Insurance.
If you have recently opened a bank account with Wells Fargo and received a debit/credit card, it is required to activate it at wellsfargo.com/activate before using the card for any online transaction.
Follow the below instructions to learn more about activation.
Guide to Activate Wells Fargo Credit or Debit Card
Customers can choose from a variety of credit and debit cards offered by Wells Fargo. You will need to activate your Wells Fargo credit or debit card before you can make payments.
There are four ways to activate your Wells Fargo Debit/Credit Card.
- Activate Wells Fargo Card at wellsfargo.com/activatecard
- via Wells Fargo Mobile Application
- Call activation of Wells Fargo Card
- Use a PIN at a Wells Fargo ATM
You should ensure that you have your login credentials for Wells Fargo account before you consider them. Some activation methods might require signing in. Follow the steps below to sign up for Wells Fargo.
Steps to Create a Wells Fargo Online Account
- Navigate to the WellsFargo registration page using a web browser.
- In the fields provided on the sign up page, enter your Social Security Number (SSN), and Date of Birth.
- You can check the box next to “I don’t possess this number” if you don’t already have it. The next step is to enter your ATM/debit card, loan, or account number.
- Next, click the Continue button.
- To complete the enrollment process, you will need to provide additional information (personal or account-related).
- Your Wells Fargo Online Account is now Active
After you have created an online WellsFargo Account, you can start the activation process as described below.
Activate Wells Fargo Card at wellsfargo.com/activatecard
- Visit the Wells Fargo activation page wellsfargo.com/activate or wellsfargo.com/activatecard on your mobile/pc browser.
- Click Sign on and enter your username and password.
- After logging in, confirm your identity by entering your personal information (SSN/Birth Date, ITIN, etc. ).
- Next, enter the card number, expiry dates, card name, and other details.
- Your card will be activated once you have provided the necessary details.
Mobile Application to activate Wells Fargo Card
- Activate via Wells Fargo Mobile Application
- Install the Wells Fargo App on your Android or iOS device.
- Start the app and log in with your username and password.
- After logging in, you can find your card by going to the menu.
- Follow the prompts to activate the card. When prompted, enter the necessary information (your card number and your personal details).
- On the spot, your Wells Fargo Card will be activated.
At ATM, activate your Wells Fargo Debit/Credit Card
If you want to activate your Wells Fargo Card at an ATM, make sure you have the PIN. For a new PIN system-generated, contact your nearest Wells Fargo branch or phone banking.
- Visit a Wells Fargo ATM partner near you.
- Insert your card into the ATM.
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen.
- Enter the PIN when asked.
- Now your card is active and ready for use
- Call to activate your Wells Fargo Card
You can activate your Wells Fargo Card by calling Wells Fargo at 1-877 294 6933 if you are unable to use the above methods. To activate your card, dial this number and follow on-call instructions.
How do I recover my Wells Fargo password?
- Open the Wells Fargo activation page wellsfargo.com/activate.
- Below the Sign on button, click Create a new Password.
- Enter your Username (or Social Security Number (SSN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
- Next, click Continue to follow the instructions on screen to reset your password.
- After you have reset your Wells Fargo password to activate your Wells Fargo account, you can use it to sign in.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to activate my card?
Yes. Once you have received your Wells Fargo card by mail, activate it before you can make purchases or payments.
Can I turn off/on the card?
You can temporarily disable your card to stop unauthorized use if you lose your card. Once you locate it, you can turn the card back on. This option is available in the Wells Fargo online login and mobile app. You can also call Wells Fargo at 1-800-TOWELLS to get personal debit and prepaid cards.
How do I contact Wells Fargo?
You can reach Wells Fargo customer service using the following numbers if you have any questions or need assistance with activation:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
24 hours a day, 7 days a week