Rakuten Viki is commonly known as Viki. It streams premium licensed content, similar to Hulu in the US. Viki is the first platform to offer real-time subtitles and share all types of videos.
To access Viki on Roku you will need to install Viki from the Roku channel shop and activate it at viki.com/roku with your Viki login credentials.
Viki app can also be used with other streaming devices like Fire TV, Apple TV and Android TV. Viki can be viewed on Android and iOS mobile devices as well.
Viki Official Activation Links
Roku – viki.com/roku
Fire TV – viki.com/firetv
Apple TV – viki.com/appletv
Android TV- viki.com/androidtv
To watch Viki on your smartphone, simply open the Viki App and sign in with your Viki account credentials.
Complete Guide to Activate Viki On Streaming Devices
Follow the instructions below to access Viki on any supported streaming device such as Roku, Apple TV or Android TV.
These prerequisites must be met before you can proceed to the activation steps.
- Stable internet connection
- Updated streaming device.
- To access the Viki activation page, you can use a second device (phone/pc).
- Rakuten Viki account credentials.
Viki activation on Roku at www.viki.com/roku
Roku devices running OS 9 or higher can use Viki app. Before you proceed with the activation steps below, ensure that your device has the most recent updates.
To update your Roku device:
- You can access Settings directly from the Roku device’s home screen.
- Select the System option from the Settings section.
- Next, click on the System Update option.
- Click here to check the latest updates.
- Install the latest updates if they are available and restart your device if necessary.
Follow these steps to activate your Roku Viki app.
- From the main screen, go to the section Streaming Channels on your Roku device.
- Next, choose the Search option and then use the virtual keypad for a search for Viki TV.
- To install the app, select the app from the search results. Click the Add channel button.
- After installation, launch Viki on Roku.
- Click the Sign in button to continue the app
- On your TV screen, you will see an activation link and an alpha-numeric number.
- Visit viki.com/roku from a mobile or desktop browser.
- Enter your password and email address by pressing Log in.
- Enter the code shown on your TV, and then click Link Now.
- The TV screen will automatically update in a matter of seconds, directing you to the main Viki app screen.
That’s it! These are the 10 easy steps to get the Viki app for Roku on your Roku.
Viki for Apple TV via Viki.com/appletv
The Viki app can be accessed on your 4th Generation+ Apple TV. The app might not install properly on a lower-generation Apple TV.
Follow the steps below to activate and install Viki on your Apple TV.
- You can access the App Store app from your Apple TV.
- To locate Viki apps, use the Search option.
- Next, click the Get button and the app will be downloaded to your Apple TV.
- Next, click Open to launch the app.
- Select the Sign in option to continue from the welcome screen.
- A unique code will be displayed on your TV screen to link your devices.
- Once you have the code, go to viki.com/appletv with another device.
- Click Log in to sign in to Viki using the login credentials.
- Click the Link Now button and enter the code.
Viki is now available on your Apple TV.
Viki App Activation on Android TV at viki.com/androidtv
All your favorite subtitles Asian Dramas and TV Shows can be accessed on your Android TV. Viki Pass subscribers can access exclusive content in HD Quality and without ads.
Let’s learn how to activate Viki on your Android TV.
- Open the Play Store app and access the Apps section of your Android TV.
- You can search for VIKI App and choose it from the search results.
- Next, click the Install button to install the app on AndroidTV.
- After the app is installed, click the Open button to launch it.
- Next, click on the Sign in option to continue.
- An alpha-numeric code will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Now, visit viki.com/androidtv on a separate device.
- Register with your Viki account credentials.
- Click the Link Now button and enter the code.
Now, the Viki app has been successfully activated on your Android television.
viki.com/firetv: Activate Viki for Fire TV
Here are the steps to activate Viki on Amazon Fire TV.
- Fire TV’s Find section is open.
- To find VIKI apps, use the Search option.
- To install the app, tap the Get button.
- Once installed, tap Open and Viki will launch on Fire TV.
- To retrieve the activation code, select the Sign in option.
- Firetv.viki.com can be accessed via a web browser from your phone or laptop.
- To log in, enter your Viki account credentials.
- Enter the activation code, then click Link Now.
- Follow the prompts on screen to complete activation.
- Now your Amazon Fire TV can stream Viki App.
How do I create an account with Rakuten Viki?
To activate the app on your phone, you will need Viki login credentials. If you already have an account, you can skip the activation step. If not, you can follow these steps to sign up quickly.
- Sign up for Rakuten Viki using a web browser
- Choose the option you prefer from the ones listed:
- Continue to Google
- Continue using Facebook
- Continue reading Apple
- Continue reading Rakuten
- Continue with Email
To complete the sign up process, you will be asked for additional information such as your name, email, password, birth date, etc.
Your Viki account will become active after successful email verification.
How do I change the language in Viki?
This feature is not available on streaming devices like Roku, Android TV, Apple TV or Fire TV. If you want to use this feature on iOS, Android, or Fire TV, please follow these steps.
If you don’t have another keyboard language installed:
- You can delete the Viki app.
- Navigate to iOS Settings >General > Language & Region
- You can change the iPhone Language to your preference.
- Next, you can download the app again.
- It is time to change the language.
If you have another keyboard language installed
- Navigate to Settings > Viki on your device.
- Next, choose a different language.
- Relaunch Viki App.
- Go to Settings > General Manager > Language.
- Select the language you prefer
- Next, touch the arrow icon for the language and drag the item to the top.
- Next, close the Viki app and restart it.
- This will change the language in your Viki app.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
How to write and read a Timed Comment?
Timed Comment can be written on streaming devices such as Roku, Android TV and Fire TV. You can also read Timed Comments only on Android TV or Fire TV. This feature can be accessed via the internet and on mobile devices (Android, iOS).
How can I check the speed of my internet connection?
There are many websites that will help you determine your internet speed. To quickly check your speed, you can download Speed Test by Ookla or Speed Test Master. You should note that your internet speed test results may be affected by the signal strength of your mobile device.
I get the error “You appear to be using a VPN/ Proxy”. What should I do?
This error message indicates that you are using VPN or Proxy to access Viki app. If you’re in the allowed region, connect your regular internet connection with no VPN/Proxy/Unblocker.