The Criterion Channel, an independent streaming service, is a dream come true for movie lovers. You can find classics as well as new discoveries from Hollywood and all over the globe on The Criterion Channel. You can watch a variety of classic and contemporary movies with a monthly subscription or an annual one. Many are not available elsewhere.
So go ahead and get a glimpse of the activation process carried out at criterionchannel.com/activate. After the channel has been activated, you can access its entire streaming library which includes thousands of titles.
Things to consider (Prerequisites).
You must activate The Criterion Channel to get a sneak peek at its continually updated collections. Before you begin the process, here are some things to remember.
- A supported streaming device, and a second device (laptop/phone) that is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Use a supported browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- A Criterion Channel account
- Valid subscription (Monthly, Annual)
Supported Streaming Devices
Yes, we did discuss the Criterion Channel-supported streaming platforms to watch independent, art-house, and Hollywood movies. Below is a list of supported streaming devices.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV
- Xbox One
- iOS and Android devices
Activate The Criterion Channel on Android TV at criterionchannel.com/activate
The Criterion Channel is compatible with Android TV 1st Generation and higher. You can easily view the content if you have one. These are the steps for activating Criterion Channel on Android TV.
- Turn on your Android TV to go to the home screen.
- Download The Criterion Channel App from the Play Store
- Open the app after installation.
- Note down a unique activation code visible on your TV screen.
- Access criterionchannel.com/activate on a web browser.
- Log in to your account and enter your code on the TV.
- Click on the Activate button.
- You can stream Criterion Channel via streaming by simply refreshing the app on your Android TV.
Amazon Fire TV: Activate the Criterion Channel
- Select the Apps option on the Amazon Fire TV’s Home screen.
- After you have reached the Apps section, find the Criterion Channel.
- The search option can be used to locate the app.
- After you have found the app, click Get to Install it on your Fire TV.
- After installation is successful, open Criterion Channel App to receive the activation code.
- Once you have the activation code, launch a web browser on your computer/ phone and navigate to the Criterion Channel activation URL – criterionchannel.com/activate.
- Register using your email address and password to log in to the account
- Click on Activate to enter the activation code.
- You can now access the Criterion Channel on your Fire TV Stick.
Steps to activate the Criterion Channel App on Roku
- Turn on your Roku device. Then, press the Home button on the remote to go to the home screen.
- Scroll down to the Streaming Channels section, and choose the Roku Channel Store.
- To install the Criterion Channel App, go to the preview page of the Roku Channel Store.
- To install the app, click the Add Channel button once you have landed on the preview page.
- Once the app is installed, return to your home screen and open Criterion Channel.
- On your TV’s screen, you will receive instructions and an activation code.
- Now, open a web browser on your phone or computer and go to the Criterion Channel activation page – criterionchannel.com/activate.
- Next, log in to your account with the login credentials. Enter the activation code.
- Once you confirm the activation code, Criterion Channel will be available on Roku.
To activate Criterion Channel on Apple TV
- Visit Apple TV App Store to find Criterion Channel App using the Search option.
- Click Get to install it on your Apple TV.
- After installation, open Criterion Channel App.
- Upon opening the app, an activation code will appear on the screen.
- Open a browser on your computer and visit criterionchannel.com/activate.
- When prompted, enter your login information and click Next.
- Enter the activation code into the box and click Activate.
- Now you can watch The Criterion Channel on Apple TV.
Criterion Channel Activation – Troubleshooting Tips
Are you experiencing an activation error? Try these tips to fix the problem.
You can activate the channel by reactivating the code. You will need to restart the activation process in order to fix the problem. To instantly start watching your favorite movies, you can use the code immediately.
Check your Plan: Are you a subscriber to The Criterion Channel’s channel? A monthly plan costs $10.99 at The Criterion Channel. An annual package costs $99.99 and you can sign up for it. Before you follow the above steps, make sure to check your plan.
Contact your ISP: If your internet connection is slow, contact your internet service provider.
About Criterion Channel
Criterion Channel, an independent video-streaming platform that provides more than movies, is the Criterion Channel. The Criterion Channel offers a variety of thematic programming with both classic and modern films. It caters to movie lovers who don’t find modern cinema fascinating.
The official Criterion Channel app is available on all major streaming platforms. It lets you access offline video and HD streaming. To avoid any unintended mishaps or errors, make sure you carefully review the steps.
There you have it! This guide explains how to activate the Criterion Channel on the supported devices via criterionchannel.com/activate.
If you run into trouble, use the “Troubleshoot” section.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of a Criterion Channel subscription?
There are two subscription options available: monthly ($10.99), and annual ($99.99). Start a 14-day trial by choosing a plan. After the 14-day free trial, you will be charged.
If I have my Criterion.com login details, can I view the Criterion Channel?
No. To stream films, you must register with criterionchannel.com
How can I stream Criterion Channel outside of the U.S. or Canada?
The channel is currently accessible to residents of Canada and the United States. If you are located in another part of the world, Criterion Channel movies can’t be streamed.