It’s okay to flaunt a credit card or debit card that you have received from one of the most prestigious financial institutions and banks in the world. You should boast that it’s from Barclays, a renowned British multinational financial institution and financial services company. It is not enough to just get a Barclays card. You must activate it and begin using it. This guide will show you how to activate Barclays Card.
Barclaycard is a Barclays PLC brand for credit cards. Barclaycard was launched on 29 June 1966 as a credit card. It became the first credit card to be issued in the United Kingdom on 8 November 1967. Millions of people around the globe use Barclaycard today. You can activate your Barclaycard in one of two ways.
- Activate Online
- Activate in the App
Comprehensive Guide to Activate Barclaycard
Let’s take an overview and look at the different ways you can activate your Barclaycard.
- Activate Online: Are you registered for Barclaycard Online Service? Register or sign up to activate your Barclaycard Online Servicing card. Your login ID number, 16-digit card number, and your passcode or memorable word will be required.
Notice: The words you choose during registration are memorable.
- Activate in app: Have you downloaded the Barclaycard App to your smartphone? Log in and tap the “Barclaycard” option to activate your card. You might already have the Barclays App if you are a Barclays customer. You can use the app to manage and activate your card.
Visit the Google Play Store or App Store to get it if you don’t have it already. To use the card, you will need to have your credit limit and a brand new card.
How do I activate my Barclays Card
The following steps will guide you through activating your Barclays card so that you can use it for purchases.
- Online method to activate Barclays Card: You can activate your Barclays Card using your laptop or computer. Here’s how:
- Start your browser to navigate to the official Barclays website.
- Click on “Activate Your Card Online” to locate it. This option should be found under “Help with account”.
- It will now direct you to the activation page.
- Click on “Login to activate” to be redirected back to the log in page.
- When prompted, enter your “Username” or ID number.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Enter your password now and follow the instructions on screen.
This is how you activate your Barclays Card!
How to activate Barclays Card Android Users: Follow the steps below.
- Search for Barclaycard App by going to Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Launch the app from your phone.
- If prompted, sign in with the Barclays Account credentials.
- Keep your card details close at hand and follow the instructions on screen to activate it.
- Next, follow the instructions to activate your Barclays Card Apple device users.
How to activate Barclays Card iOS Users: Apple users should follow the steps below.
- Go to the App store on your iPhone.
- Install the Barclaycard App by searching for it.
- Launch the app now and log in using your credentials
- To activate the service, it may ask you for your card details.
Benefits of a Chip Debit Card
You can take your bank wherever you go. Barclays offers a solution. Barclays offers the Class Chip Debit card. The VISA chip-based debit card is well-known for its superior security features that make transactions easy and safe. Let’s look at some of the benefits and features.
- You can shop wherever you like with your Barclays debit or credit card.
- Need assistance while traveling abroad? Do you need immediate assistance? Get instant assistance from VISA Global Customer Assistance Service.
- Barclays cards have a chip to protect your transactions.
Find the Barclays Card that Fits Your Lifestyle
Are you unsure which card to choose? Barclays offers a variety of cards that will fit almost every need – retail, entertainment and travel.
- Choice Privileges (VISA Signage Card): $0 per year
- Priceline Rewards (VISA Card): $0 per year
- Holland American Line (Rewards Visa Card): $0 per year
- Hawaiian Airlines (World Elite Business Mastercard), $99 per year
- Hawaiian Airlines (World Elite Mastercard), $99 per year
- Annual fee of $95 for AAdvantage Aviator (World Elite Business Mastercard).
- JetBlue Business Card: $99 Annual Fee
- NFL Extra Points Credit Card: $0 Annual Fee
- Carnival (Mastercard), $0 per year
These are just a few of the most popular Barclays cards. Take one of these cards and activate it by following the steps.